Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We Are Off And Running!!! - Week of August 24th

THANK YOU!!!
I would like to thank everyone for attending the open house. I enjoyed meeting you. I still have a few openings for classroom helpers. I will be putting these volunteer sheets out again during curriculum night on Thursday, Sept. 3. Parents of my homeroom students will also have an opportunity to sign up for conferences during curriculum night.

I would also like to thank all the families who have donated (or will be donating) items to the classroom. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Homeroom Happenings:
We have been organizing supplies, reviewing rules and routines, and getting to know each other. The children are also working on a few projects that will be displyed during curriculum night. What a WONDERFUL group of students I have this year!!!! They are friendly, respectful, and caring. We will begin spelling, vocabulary, handwriting, English, reading, science, and social studies during the week of August 31.

Mrs. Sulima's Math Class:
On Thursday, we will switch for math class. Each child will receive a multiplication assignment sheet. The children will be expected to have their facts mastered by the listed dates. We will begin the school year with a review of important concepts from the fourth grade textbook before moving into the fifth grade textbook.

**I will post a more detailed blog this weekend.**